This is the beginning of a curation of some recent talks, projects and workshops on developing and sustaining a culture of creativity in the workplace. This space will grow into a mixture of words, pictures, and practice, and the first thing I want to share is a series of annotated images, which I used to support short talks at Workplace Trends and Clerkenwell Design Week. There were four talks in all, each one slightly different, yet similar enough that I hope this one set of notes covers all the main points.
In summary the talks focused on:
- Scene setting : some evidence about why creativity at work is important
- Reluctance : some thoughts on why we don’t use creative practice more readily
- Getting started : A few ideas on how to bring business and the arts together
- Creative prompts : Simple steps to spark and sustain the creative process
- Age of Artists : An introduction to the evolving Age of Artists framework
- The Free Art Project : Be curious, start something, keep going
- Reading list
- Thoughts on managing a creative culture : Taken from the book Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull and Amy Wallace
Here’s a link to all the details. Sustaining a Culture of Creativity. I hope you find them useful and if you’ve any questions – feel free to leave a comment or drop me a line.
More to follow…