It’s late Spring and there are a lot of irises growing in the garden, mostly purple and blue ones, and a few white and yellow ones. They’re lovely flowers.
Carrying on from the post card cut out experiment Keira and I started at the weekend I’ve scaled up and made an A4 sized picture of some irises.
I started with some smooth white card and coloured sections of it with a range of Letraset Promarkers, before cutting out the shapes I wanted. I then took Carole’s advice and arranged the shapes on different backgrounds to see which colour set the picture off best.
Here are two photos of the work, one in its completed state, the other before I committed to sticking all the pieces down.